|Location||White Haven, Pennsylvania|
|Found||December 20, 1976|
|Unidentified for||40 years|
|Postmortem interval||Hours - 1 week|
|Body condition||Recognizable face(B)|
|Height approximation||4'11 - 5'4|
|Weight approximation|| 140 - 150 |
|Cause of death||Strangulation|
This case contains graphic content that may not be suitable for all readers.
Beth Doe was a pregnant teen or young adult who was found dismembered in Carbon County, Pennsylvania in 1976.
The victim was sexually assaulted, strangled and shot in the neck and was then dismembered. Her unborn daughter, at about nine months gestation, also died during the attack.
After her death, Beth Doe's body was sawed into pieces and then placed inside of three suitcases that appeared to have been spray-painted black. Her nose, ears and breasts were severed and were never recovered.
Her killer then threw the suitcases out of their moving vehicle over a bridge, likely hoping they would land in the river below. They missed their mark and were later found by a teenage boy on the riverbank and in the surrounding brush.
- She had brown eyes
- Her hair was a natural brown color.
- At a younger age, she had "extensive" dental disease and had three teeth removed and many restorations.
- She had severe decay on her teeth at the time she died.
- Her upper right incisors was fractured, which would have been noticeable and very painful.
- She had two moles on her face, one on the left cheek and above the left eyebrow, possibly developing during her pregnancy.
- Her 2015 reconstruction also illustrates a birthmark on the right side of her upper lip. This mark was not noted in other sources.
- She had a scar above her right heel.
- The letters "WSR" followed by the numbers 4 or 5 and 4 or 7 were written on her left hand with ink consistent with a pen.
- Recent testing on her bones indicated that Beth Doe had spent time living in Europe and in Tennessee before she was murdered. Some believe she could have been of Czech, Polish, Italian or Jewish origin.
- She may have been murdered by the baby's father.
- She may have been killed by a jealous ex-girlfriend/significant other of the baby's father.
- She may have been murdered abroad.
- Her case may be related to Chester County Jane Doe
- She may have been Denise Sheehy
- She may be Annastaes "Anna" Banitskas