Campbell County Jane Doe is a currently unidentified homicide victim discovered in early January 1985. Judging by the decomposition on her remains, it is believed she had died in late 1984. She is considered to be one of the victims of the Redhead murders.
Her body was found near a highway near Jellico in Campbell County, Tennessee on Interstate 75. Although she had died recently, she was already in an advanced state of decomposition. The victim had been bound and strangled.
If she was the victim of the Redhead Murderer, she met the characteristics of the killer, as she had red hair and may have been a hitchhiker, prostitute or a runaway.
- She had curly, shoulder-length red hair.
- Her eyes were green.
- She may have had plastic surgery in the past.s
- She had freckles.
- She had various scars and burn marks on both of her arms and legs and a scar on her forehead.
- She was 10 to 12 weeks pregnant.
- She had likely had another child before.
- She wore a partial upper denture.
- Her ears were double pierced.
- She had possibly had a laparoscopy in life.
Clothing and accessories
- New blue jeans
- White velour long-sleeved sport shirt or blouse with a wide beige band at the bottom