|Found||September 17, 2001|
|Location||Amanda Park, Washington|
|Missing from||Alameda County, California|
|Cause of death||Hanging|
Lyle Stevik was the alias used by an unidentified man who committed suicide in Amanda Park, Washington. He was identified in May 2018 and, by the request of his family, will not have his identity released.
The man checked into a hotel, using the alias of a character in the book You Must Remember This who attempted suicide. He had also listed the address of a hotel in Idaho. The man was seen pacing along a street by the hotel after he checked in and he eventually moved to a different room because of noise coming from a nearby trailer park.
He hanged himself with his belt inside of a coat rack and left money "for the room," which was accompanied by a note reading the phrase.
In early 2018, his DNA was analyzed and extended relatives were identified in northern New Mexico and Idaho. In April 2018, it was announced additional relatives had been discovered in Utah and Colorado.
In May, he was announced to have been identified. His family requested for his identity to be withheld. They had assumed he was still alive but wished to remain estranged from them.
- He had short brown hair and hazel eyes.
- His appendix had been removed and he had a scar on his abdomen.
- He had a mole on the left side of his chin.
- He had recently lost weight.
- He was at least one-quarter Native American
- He was at least one-quarter Hispanic or Spanish.
- He may have spoken with a Canadian accent.