This case contains graphic content that may not be suitable for all readers.
Slidell Jane Doe, also known as Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe, was a young woman found murdered in 1986 in Louisiana.
The woman's body was found in Lake Pontchartrain after presumably floating from another location. The victim died from asphyxiation and a plastic bag was secured by duct tape around her head. She had been stabbed several times in the face as well. A weight had been tied around her neck as an attempt to keep the body from resurfacing.
- The victim had auburn hair.
- She had well-cared for teeth without any dental work.
- Her wisdom teeth were removed and some teeth were missing, possibly being lost after death.
- She had freckles.
- The victim was likely in a vehicle accident or similar event prior to death, based on healed injuries to her hips.
- She appeared to have had facial reconstruction surgery on her face as well as a rhinoplasty.
- She had silicone breast implants.
- She was of slim build.
- She was three months pregnant.
- She had multiple scars:
- A circular scar on her right knee,
- on her right wrist,
- and on her abdomen.
- Her case appeared on America's Most Wanted